Thursday, November 23, 2006

A Yak, a Book and a Sunset

Too stressed lately... Ever have those times when you don't want to do anything, but you drag yourself forward and do something you know is good, and you end up being rewarded for it?

Today, I would have been happy with a nap. However, I talked with MS on her drive home from work, and I happened to ask if there was open water on Lake Benton. Conveniently, yes.

So few days left... Okay...

I launched from the rocks that were around the bottom left corner of this picture; on the right side of the picture is ice. It wasn't a big voyage--just to the left side, where I pulled out my book, listened to geese (just below the horizon line, to the left of the tree), and started floating my way back. I'm sure the local fishermen thought I was nuts, but at least I didn't pull out my knitting.

The last week and a half have been rather like brittle ice; today on the lake in a little piece of plastic, I felt that glee again--the ice melted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Armorison said...
Thanks Goalie. One for not taking out the knitting, but also for sharing your heart. Continue to share your heart please...even if it's not what we want to hear, because I'm sure it's more than likely something we need to hear.

As I began talking to HA, it wasn't until the end of our conversation on how much you and the gang really mean to me and what I'm in pursuit of seeking. It's how you [all] took me in, just as I am, and stuck with me and guided me to God. That's exactly who I want to be and not being selfish with taking in new people and instead accepting everyone because it will bring new opportunities for them to grow, me to grow, and me to minister with what I have learned thus far. Thanks for listening to me and most importantly God. My prayer is to be more patient, to understand that this difficult transaction is going to take some time to get used to and take time to build the friendships, and also for strength to continue what I'm doing and completely relying on God.

HA and I discussed this, because she has been in a similar situation. I would have to say that I am now considered a squirmer at this stage in my life. I'm completely giving myself to God, but I don't like what He's doing with me at all times, but I'm not letting go of Him even when I try, and He's certainly not letting go of me. So in God's honor of what He has taught you and what you have ministered to me about the Full Armor of God, you can now read my blogs under my user name of Armorison. Pretty spiffy hey? Love ya woman! Stay stong!

Tuesday, January 02, 2007 11:43:00 PM

Goalie said...

Do you KNOW how long it took me to get the username? [Sigh.] Me! EXCELLENT choice. Wish I had thought of it!