Wednesday, November 08, 2006

The Morning After

So it's the morning after. The marriage amendment passed in our state; the abortion ban didn't.

The cool part about this is that even though I voted with a pencil yesterday, I can vote with my presence in the days to come. As I got involved with a "vote your values" movement pre-election, I started noting the difference between "pro-life" and "anti-abortion." It's one thing to shake my finger and say, "Don't do this." It's quite another to come alongside someone, learn about her situation, then still be able to say, "There's a better way."

I have a couple of friends who are post-abortive. I've cried and prayed with one as she works through the healing process. I am so grateful to her for having trusted me with her story. She is much more an authority on this than I am. How can I encourage her to share with others who face crisis pregnancy situations?

Synopsis: it's not done.

No comments: