Saturday, October 20, 2007

"This whole country's at war. Why should I help just one person?" --Maddy Bowen

Do you ever find your toes twitching and your fingers curling up on themselves--searching for something to do...something to do with this feeling that's making your heart beat faster and your world seem smaller?

I watched Blood Diamond with friends tonight and cringed through most of it. It wasn't a cowering sort of cringing but a nails-digging-into-my-palms sort of thing. Or a twist-the-remote-until-it-breaks-in-half sort of thing...but what good would that do?

What do you do with a problem that's a country wide and a continent away?
"This whole country's at war. Why should I help just one person?"
--Maddy Bowen

Because if you help one, that's one. And if I help one, that's two. And if he helps one, that's three...

Sponsor a kid. Go to a reputable place. I've met Jo Anne Lyon from World Hope International. Highness listened to her present at one of his ministerial training classes this fall. Seems solid. $360 to support a child for a full year.

$360 = a lot.

$1 / day = I'm selfishly enmeshed in myself if I can't pass on my wealth to another.

Just one.

No comments: