Sunday, February 25, 2007

Speaking of Rodents...

I've long been appreciative of those who run convenience stores on major holidays. I later learned the importance of those who work at nursing homes and hospitals on those very same days. This evening, optimistically seeing light at the end of the tunnel of flu, I'm really appreciative of even more people.

Napping most of the day, it didn't matter what was on the tube. Two Tylenols and a few crackers later, it did. The only thing of interest was Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe, and I'm grateful for Sunday marathons of quality television programming. Feeling a bit better, I googled up Mike and found mini-videos.

Some people are amazing. Their daily jobs require them to deal with rats and roaches...rats crawling on them and roaches dropping from the ceilings... Still feeling queasy, I won't go into much detail here. Watch the videos, though. Mike's amazing, but the people who do this and don't get noticed are truly wonderful

1 comment:

Ashlee said...

Hey, don't you even think about doing anything to my little rodent! Daisy is a fine rodent and should be treated with respect!