Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Ever feel like you're at the bottom of the pile? Life can be going along fine, then bam--you're in an elevator that's had its cables cut. And it's not...anything...in particular, really. Maybe it was not getting elected tonight as a delegate or alternate for our church's upcoming district conference. Could have been from hauling three kids to the office in two days--one for being disrespectful, and two for fighting on the playground.

Maybe it was being at an end-of-the-year staff celebration, in which we welcomed the newly adopted baby of a co-worker. The kid is beautiful and fits so perfectly in my arms. Maybe it was sitting across from a friend and co-worker who is pregnant and eagerly shares her experiences with the rest of us. Maybe it was looking down the table toward another friend/co-worker who recently got engaged. It's not at all that I'm not happy for these people... It's that when I come home, alone, it's just me and Him. When will I get it--that He is enough?

2 comments:

~B said...

I have a hubby and kids and I *still* have to realize DAILY that it's just me and Him..... that I won't find my happiness in him, but in Him..... but it's so human of me to want to find my complete comfort in him, NOT Him.

I struggle with this almost daily.

Am I babbling? Sorry.....

I think that you and I could have used a hug from each other yesterday......

~B

Goalie said...

Agreed, B!