Thursday, March 13, 2008

You Are Loved



I remember a time in college when I was incredibly frustrated/depressed/sad/lonely... Not being incredibly into self injury, I stood under a tree in the cold. Yep. Pretty extremist. But that was my little form of masochism. Something on the outside had to hurt or get my attention more than something on the inside.

Later, I took to driving--driving fast (which meant going out of town, because I'd still only go four miles above the limit) and with the music on loudly. It was a sort of catharsis.

Tonight, I found that the two melded. Driving with no reason when gas prices are at $3.15/gallon _is_ a form of masochism.

I was "sinking" about an issue, and prayed about it. And I've felt encouraged to fight for it. I've just been reading in Wild at Heart and am learning that it's okay for women to have a warrior heart. We're made in the image of the Creator, and He _is_ a mighty Warrior. I need guidance, but I'm strapping on my armor. Training, until I know what to shoot and how to aim.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey I listened to You Are Loved on my way to work this morning! Great great song.