Sunday, August 19, 2007

So, um, hmm.

  • I liked the first one because of its harmless action sequences, clear and bright lighting, and banter between alpha and beta males.
  • I did not like the first one because of idiotic choices for characters--manhandling a document that they had previously intended to treat with the reverence of the Holy Grail, pausing to admire the Declaration of Independence in a public area with their pursuers rather close to their location, etc.
  • Now comes Two. And I'll have to buy it, because this one was partially filmed in my home state. It looks like the no-longer-a-surprise rock reaching scene was filmed at Sylvan Lake, where I worked during part of one summer. (I counseled at a couple of youth camps during college, then had enough money left to either do laundry or buy gas to get home. I got a job at Sylvan Lake and stayed for the rest of the month.)
  • So I'll have to buy both One and Two--because I did like One, despite my previously-mentioned disappointments with it. But looking at this trailer, isn't the format pretty much the same? Steal the Declaration; steal the president...

Hmm.

No comments: