Monday, July 02, 2007

"Confliction," or "A Semi-Open Letter to the Hitchhiker"

My dear Hitchhiker,

I love how you compromise on pizza and watch "Monk" with me.
I love how you get non-icky Chinese food and share it, thereby awakening new appreciations in me.
I love how you gave me all six fortune cookies.
I love your generosity in paying for our meals.
I love your willingness to visit new places and meet new people.
I love your talent, intellect, and patience.
I love your deep respect and reverence for 80's music.
I love your outstretched arm the moment I stumble.

Please forgive me if I seem distant for a while. A previous friendship became a scalding one, and I'm rather afraid to hop into bathtubs now. I know it's not the same, which is why I'm clinging to the doorknob and not screaming my way down the hallway. Hopefully, I will still be what you need in a friend. Please forgive me if I'm not.

No comments: