Friday, February 13, 2009

The Vet has been there for me at the ends of the past three relationships, and this one is no exception. He drove an hour each way, just to hang out for a while tonight and do whatever I wanted to do. We went to a coffeeshop for a brief time to listen to a local performer, then ran to my school to see the end of its basketball game against the Vet's hometown school. (Vet's team won by one.) He asked to see my classroom and I took him on a tour; he sat and took it in, asking questions about various things he saw. (The exercise bike and the huge smiley face got his attention.)

My students saw us and asked me who he was. Boyfriend? No. Friend with potential? No. He's who a Christian brother should be. He's taught me to see myself more as God sees me than as I think others see me.

I'm praising God for the Vet's friendship--and for the other "Vets" I've had in my life.

He provides!

No comments: