Sunday, April 22, 2007

Sex and Singles--An Assignment for My Five Readers

Assignment: Check out the thoughts of these other people, and feedback through your comments.

My favorite line: Many of the men are so afraid of being "too familiar" with a woman that we get treated as genderless objects.

I've recently been realizing that I have a friend who treated me fantastically as a woman. I was free to be girly and feminine around him and delighted in that.

Something has changed, and I'm not sure when/how/what. Did I say something? Do something? Did he think something? Did another think something and say something? Why did our quality of interaction change? I now feel more defensive than endearing. How do you remember who you are when people you're close to, treat you like you're not?

And how do you treat the opposite sex as a member of the opposite sex when it seems you're the recipient of undesired interest?

On the flip side, how do you maintain perspective so that a door held open doesn't equate a marriage proposal?

No comments: