Saturday, March 03, 2007

Save Ferris!


Eight days. With the exception of three trips to the clinic, I have been home for eight days straight. The couch has been my friend; my bed has been my companion. Today, I introduced myself to my recliner. It was glad to see me.

There was light on Wednesday (including a moment of euphoria when work was called off for the following day due to weather), though it passed quickly. I was conscious all day yesterday and played three games of Internet Scrabble with Stan and the Great and Tall One. Today, it sets in again.

On an interesting note: try showering with your hand in a bag, rubber band around your wrist. (This is to protect the gauze that's protecting your IV catheter. Don't have one? We're pretending. Track with me here!) Make sure it's your dominant hand that's all wrapped up. Be sure to keep it dry. Go try it. I'll wait.

No comments: